Retail packaging is an important part of the nation’s economy. From providing a way to market a product to making sure that products arrive at their destination safely and securely, retail packaging is an essential part of today’s purchases. Whether you are buying a data storage card for your camera that is enclosed in tamper evident clamshell packaging or you are selecting a toothbrush is customizable packaging, many consumers make their decisions based on the marketing of these packages.
The fact that consumers can now custom order eyeglasses online at a fraction of the cost of what they pay at their local optician is just one indicator of the need for specialized packaging products. These online eyeglass companies offer a wide variety of frames, but need an affordable case to ship them. As a result, eyeglass cases are purchased in bulk so that the glasses can arrive safely without adding lots to the cost of the product. For years, safety glass cases have also been used to make sure that these products are also delivered to customers in mint condition. And while we often think about the glasses that we purchase, not as many of us think about the cases that those glasses are shipped in.
Reliable Packaging Helps Protect Products of Many Sizes
From ammo storage cases serve as a security and safety measure to reusable clamshells that are used for technology devices, the packaging industry is an important part of the nation’s economy:
- A clamshell is a blister package that folds onto itself.
- 26% of respondents said that the packaging of a product is extremely important to their overall satisfaction, according to a 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights Study. This is a percentage that is an increase from the 18% in the year 2013.
- 14% of consumers feel that brands are making an effort to improve packaging to satisfy consumer needs, according to a 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights Study.
- 66% of consumers have tried a new product because the packaging caught their eye, according to information from the 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights Study.
- 45% of consumers have purchased a product because the packaging was environmentally friendly, according to the 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights Study.
You can sometimes judge a book by its cover and you can also judge the value of a product by how much is invested in its packaging. In fact, research shows that more and more companies are investing extra time and resources in the best kind of retail packaging options for their products.