Working local movers is often a great decision when it comes to changing locations within a city. Although there are plenty of national moving companies that will offer cross town moving experiences, it is often important to make sure that you consider local movers as well. Often with the option of storing your items if there is an amount of time between when you have to get out of your current location and when you can move into your new property.
Moving services offer a variety of options that allow you budget for the kind of move that you can afford. There are services, for instance, that provide all of the packing and unpacking as well as the moving, and there are services that only include the moving. Other services only include movers who take care of large objects. Still other services provide the extra care that it takes to pack and move very fragile items or moving pianos. No matter what kind of service that you need, it is important to make sure that you understand the things you are paying for and for the services that are not included.
Whether You Are Buying or Renting, It Is Important to Contract with the Right Moving Services
We are a mobile society. And while there are a number of jobs that allow people to work from home, there are still work opportunities that require people to relocate. In these situations, it is important to talk to the new company and find out what kind of moving services are provided with the relocation package.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the moving habits of Americans and the industry that provides a variety of necessary services:
- 63% of people in the U.S. have moved to a new community at least once in their lives, while only 37% have never left their hometowns
- 33% of renters move each year.
- The average 30-year-old has moved six times in their life so far.
- Households in the U.S. have an average of 300,000 things in them.
- 12 is the average number of times Americans move in their life.
- 11.2% of the U.S. population moved between 2015 and 2016, according to the 2016 Current Population Survey Annual Social and Economic Supplement.
Moving times are always stressful times, but if you take the time to plan for the help that you need you can actually erase some of the most stressful parts about the entire process.