As American battles the Coronavirus, the entire nation is likely going to be dependent on new products to create a world that is easier to keep clean and sanitized. From the installation of temporary window panels at checkouts to the development of new liquid coatings that can seal off gaps that would otherwise collect germs, there are many times when it will be important to get the results we need to more quickly move to the other side of this pandemic.
To better protect the well-being of employees and customers, grocery stores are doing their part to protect both employees and customers. As an example, since customers and employees cannot distance themselves at the checkout like they can in other areas of the store, these temporary panels will help provide an additional layer of protection against the spread of the COVID-19 virus. As a result, some stores will be installing these panels at all of their stores across their business regions over the next few days. In addition to these temporary window panels, there are also many other opportunities to develop differing kinds of liquid coatings for future use and make use of sandblasting services for powerful cleaning.
Powder and Liquid Coatings Offer a Significant Level of Protection
Decoration and protection are the two primary functions of coatings. And while decoration is not the biggest priority right now, protection certainly is. With the right liquid coatings, for instance, surfaces on handrails, door frames, and door handles can withstand a more frequent and higher powered cleaning products. Even on the inside of new cars that will be made, in fact, there are opportunities for hard surfaces to be created in such a way that frequent and powerful cleanings will not damage these surfaces.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that the protect and decorative coating industry plays a role in the world that we live:
- Making them environmentally friendly, powder coatings are free of solvents and have negligible volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions. This has been a requirement that has been increasingly demanded by the public.
- The appliance industry makes up the largest part of the powder coating market dominating about 33% of all industrial parts that are powder coated. It is always important that these surfaces are cleaned, but it is especially important during a national health crisis like the nation is facing right now.
- Representing more than 15% of the total industrial finishing market, powder coating is a popular dry finishing process that is being employed in more and more settings.
- Powder coatings are considered to be 100% solids, although they do not do not require solvents in their formulation as liquid coatings do.
- Though general industrial coating and automotive coating dominates the powder coating industry, from 2014 to 2020 the powder coating demand in furniture had been expected to grow more than 7.6%. With the outbreak of the last few months, it is even more likely that this demand will increase.
- Long before this pandemic, the coating industry demand was expected to rise an average of 3% per year in the U.S. between the year of 2016 and 2021. Now it is likely that increase will be even greater.
The predictions that the global powder coatings market value was expected to reach $12.48 billion by 2020 may now seem insignificant as the entire nation looks for products that will withstand more stringent cleaning and disinfecting. As industrial kitchens are installed in hospitals, schools, and restaurants, it will become increasingly important that all of the appliances are coated in the most versatile way possible so that they can stand up to the increased amount of cleaning that needs to take place as the nation battles Covid 19 and any future threats.
Americans are going to see many lasting ramifications from the Covid 19 outbreak, and one of them will surely be an uptick in the importance of industrial cleaning. As stronger cleaning agents are produced, of course, it will require that the coatings on many products also be produced to sustain more frequent and powerful cleanings. Wiping down surfaces is more effective when those surfaces are properly coated with a non porous material.