Many manufacturers and machinery repair shops are used to working with a fabrication company at various stages during production. From the smallest of parts that need to be reproduced to a one time creation of a larger part, a fabrication company can meet the needs of many situations. Whether you run a small engine shop and need a particular piece made that will help your repairs run more smoothly or you are creating a transition piece for several tractors for one customer, knowing that you have a fabrication company that can deal with a variety of jobs is a real comfort.
From wheel repair to titanium welding to conveyor belt repair, a fabrication company helps many companies find solutions to challenging situations. In a time when so many things are mass produced, the general public can forget the importance of one time problems that many companies and individuals have. From the family farmer who is looking for a very unique solution to a small company that needs help with a reoccurring preventative maintenance problem, having access to a resource that can provide welding and other necessary skills is very important.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many skills that companies across the nation often need:
- 50% of products made in America require welding. This is a time, however, when there are a limited amount of workers who have this valuable skill.
- The international metal fabrication equipment market is projected to grow by nearly 7% by the year 2020.
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding is technically called Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, and is a process that was developed in the 1930s. Today, it is commonly used in the automotive, aerospace, repair, and art fields.
- MIG welding, which was developed in the 1940s, is generally a much faster welding system than stick welding.
- Employment for solderers, welders, cutters, and brazers is projected to reach 412,300 by the year 2024, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- When measured by employment, fabricated metals are the third largest U.S. manufacturing industry.
Whether you are part of the food and beverage manufacturing industry or the owner of a family owned sprinkler repair company, you have likely faced a situation where you need specific kinds of welding or steel fabrication processes.