Who knew that starting a business would be so difficult? From finding the right properties to making sure that you follow all of the required employment laws, even a small business owner can find the need for many kinds of advice. Understanding when to consult a experienced mediator, for instance, can help a business owner find the best way through many challenging situations. And while new business owners often need legal advice, they are not the only ones who can benefit from understanding who to call when a legal question arrives.
Consider some of these reasons that today’s consumer and property owner might have for getting timely legal advice:
- Approximately 90% of all Chapter 11 debtors have less than $10 million in assets or liabilities, less than $10 million in annual revenues, and are companies with 50 or fewer employees. Bankruptcy issues, no matter how simple or complicated, often require the assistance of a legal advisor.
- Some employment law matters can be difficult to decipher if you are not well versed in the latest regulations. To be on the safe side it is important to get the legal advice that you need sooner rather than later.
- Keeping everything straight in the process of getting a patent or a trademark is not always as easy as it looks on the internet. For this reason, many companies, and individuals as well, find a resource for answering patent law questions.
- A major part of starting a new business involves the successful acquisition of the right property. For many first time business owners, a commercial contract lawyer can help
- Legal advice is not always inexpensive, but it is often a good investment in the attempt to avoid far more expensive legal complications down the road.
- A very common reason that many people seek legal advice is for personal injury litigation.
- Water rights and other environmental law issues are also a problem for many. In fact, estimates are that more than 33% of all counties in the lower 48 states will face higher risks of water shortages by 2050 as a result of global warming.
- You need to be your own advocate when it comes to both your personal health and the health of your family.
- Estimates indicate that American could save approximately 5,000 lives every year and prevent thousands of cases of heart and respiratory disease by reducing toxic air pollution from industrial plants.
- Realizing that you need legal advice sooner rather than later is a way to avoid costly legal situations further down the road, whether it be for employment law, patent law, or environmental issues.